Thursday 20 July 2017

Caseing the Catty

Every Sunday a new challenge is posted on Caseing the Catty Sunday Challenge



 I have been endeavoring to participate in one for a while, BUT time just seems to escape me every week...This week I took a quick look through those pages, WOW so many beautiful examples to case. 

BUT this just hit me in the face and said do this one!!!
So I am a very literal thinker!!! So thinking outside the box is very difficult for me....

So to participate in Caseing the Catty you can CASE directly or be inspired by a sketch/layout, colour combo or embellishment.  So not having this stamp set I thought which one do I have that is similar - Beautiful Bouquet pg 92 had a similar flower.
 
I absolutely LOVE the new Lovely Words Thinlits Dies pg 157 which has a die that has Friend in it...Can you see where I am going here....
 Deciding the colours were easy as I loved this colour combinations from Stampin' Up....
I thought that they were Flirty Flamingo, Baby Powder, Old Olive and Soft Sky,
well these are the colours I used anyways


Once I had cut the "Friend'  from Lovely Words Thinlits, I added Baby Powder ink on a dauber to the word. I started by adding my flowers using the Masking Technique for my flowers and leaves and then I added in the rest of the flowers. To create this card I wanted to make sure that my flowers and leaves were masked so that the colours didn't look all messy underneath....
Here is how I did this..I simply stamped the flower image on some photo copy paper and cut it out by hand yes!!! by hand. Who else loves fussy cutting....it is so relaxing!!!
Then I placed the stamped image over my original flower to cover it (see on the left hand side) and then stamped my leaves in Old Olive, once you remove your flower mask it reveals the leaves behind the flower (see on the right hand side).
Sorry my photos are not the best!!


Now we were up to the fun part, adding all the details. I felt it needed this done behind the word Friend and then I also felt it needed a Flirty Flamingo Friend....YES!!! I do tend to overthink it and YES!!! I proCRAFTinate a lot!!!

I actually offset the Friend on my card front over the other 'Friend' 
to give it the shadow effect, hope you like it!!!OK who is ready for the big reveal....Here is my Caseing the Catty CASE
AND of course you have to decorate the inside as well
 


I had so much fun playing along with this one that I am actually looking forward to seeing what the challenge is on Sunday....
If you want to have a look at the Blog Hop from the Caseing the Catty Crew Members, start here with Elizabeth Gross  and her Hugs sample.
There are so many beautiful examples and lots of very creative
Stampin' Up demonstrators out there.

Products used in this card can all be brought from my Online Shop
Beautiful Bouquet Photopolymer Stamps 143666
Lovely Words Thinlits Dies 143733
Classic Stampin' Pad - Flirty Flamingo 141397
Classic Stampin' Pad - Powder Pink 144084
Classic Stampin' Pad - Old Olive 126953
Classic Stampin' Pad -  131181
A4 Cardstock
- Flirty Flamingo - 141421
A4 Cardstock - Old Olive - 106576
A4 Cardstock - Soft Sky - 131292
Stampin' Dimensionals - 104430
Thanks for popping by and I hope you have a wonderful day, leave me some love by commenting below and I will pop over to see you too.
Cheers Shaz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope your day was AWESOME, and involved creating something that made your heart happy <3 Thanks for your comment, I appreciate you taking the time <3
In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.